Friday 28 May 2021

My trip to ferrymead

 How are you today? Bonsoir (good evening) on the last couple of days we have been learning about how it was in the 1900s. So on Wednesday room 5 and 6 went to a heritage park in ferrymead. We went on the bus there.it was very exciting because i don´t get to go on buss´es much. Stella's poppa Wayne was our group adult. He was very nice. First me,Rose and Stella went to get dressed in how girls got dressed in the 1900s. We wore a dress with a hat what looked like a shower cap. Nixon wore Gray pants, Gray top and a Gray golf hat like all the boys did. We went in the hall and talked about girls before men and what´s gonna happen today.

When my group started we first went to the kings bakery and baked a cookie each it was super fun because i like baking. After that we went to the school to see how its was 100 years ago and the teacher had her cane and straps because that´s what they had in the 1900s to belt kids with. The work we had to do was very interesting because of the ink and metal we had to write with. next we had lunch and played octopus. After that we went to the house and cleaned it. We made the bed, did washing and the dishes. After that we went to look at some post offices and the jail. It was very interesting to look at. Then the tram arrived and we got to go on it for a little ride it was super cool because it was going a cool speed. after that we went on the bus back and had are cookie and went home it was very yummy to eat. What was your favourite bit in the story?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post